Friday 6 August 2021

holiday writing

 I did a holiday recount a recount is these styles have the same types of words and structure but there are some differences.I learnt how to writing a recount.I did it because we needed to writing what you did in the school holiday. This is my writing:

In the school holidays I went to Greymouth with Mum, Dad, Chelsea,  Levi, Maddie and  Mariah.  I went to the warehouse and I got some colouring in books and colouring in pencils.On Sunday I made paper mache with my family. You need to blow up a balloon and then you need flour and water to make the glue. You need to cover the balloon with newspaper. We are making a piggy bank. It  took a long time to dry. We need to do the next layer of newspaper. We need to still put the egg cartons on for the feet and the nose. It is fun. Have you done it before.

#

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amber, how did the piggy bank turn out? It sounds like it was good fun making it! Did you paint it? If so, what colour did you paint it? Maybe you could post a photo of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great holiday Amber. Have you finished your piggy bank? I would love to see the results. Maybe you could take a picture and add it to this post so others can see as well.

    You could also do some procedure writing where you write the steps in order on how to make a paper mache piggy bank.

    Mrs H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber, your trip to Greymouth was resourceful because we can never have too many colouring books or pencils...trust me, i have a few! I would love to see your piggy bank, even in the stages as you are making it. Did you take some photos of the process? and then you could write the instructions as Mrs H has said.Great writing, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber, How is that piggy bank going? How many layers of paper are you going to do? I do hope you share a picture of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.